LGBTQ+ at Commonwealth Bank
Our six employee-led diversity networks play a key role in shaping our inclusive culture and fostering equality, care and respect.
Unity is CommBank’s vibrant LGBTIQ+ community and allies network. The network works on initiatives to foster a culture of inclusion and respect, empowering our people to bring their whole selves to work each day and celebrate sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
We have a number of initiatives to support LGBTI+ inclusion, such as:
- LGBTI+ internal hub helping our people navigate the many policies, tools and resources available to support them
- LGBTI+ champion and ally training rolled out across Australia including policies and benefits
- Support guides for transitioning in the workplace, coming out and intersex inclusion
- LGBTI+ FAQs and support for leaders with questions
- Networking events in all major geographies for events such as Wear it Purple Day & IDAHOT day (International day against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia).