IMC is a fast, dynamic environment where you’re trusted to make decisions from day one. We trade a wide range of financial instruments in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders, from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to those who want more of the fast-paced, hands-on style of trading and have a higher appetite for risk.
Our traders all share one thing in common—they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure that we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
Our 10-week trading internship is your chance to experience life as a trader at IMC. You’ll have all the support you need to succeed: a mixture of hands-on and classroom training and a mentor overseeing your work and professional development. Where you go from here is up to you – the majority of our interns secure a graduate position at the end of the program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- From day one, you are immersed in real projects, complex problem solving and opportunities to learn from some of the industry’s strongest Traders and Engineers.
- See what it is like to be a Trader at IMC; develop your trading skills and strategies with our in-house trading simulation.
- Learn about the trading industry and market-making.
- Work collaboratively in an environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- Be supported by a mentor who will oversee your progress and professional development.
- Have the opportunity to secure a full-time role with IMC once you graduate
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Accommodation in Sydney for the duration of the internship (for all interns).
- Flights if you are relocating to Sydney for the opportunity.
- 10-week structured learning, coaching and professional development program.
- Intensive support from your mentor and education team.
- An inspiring and vibrant work environment in the new Quay Quarter Towers overlooking Sydney Harbour—recently named “the world’s best building."
- Weekly social activities and team events.
- Volunteering days with our local charity partners.
- In-house chef providing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- In-house barista providing tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Complimentary weekly fitness classes.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum Distinction average or equivalent.
- Commenced your penultimate year of study.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems.
- The ability to make decisions in uncertainty and remain focused under pressure.
- A genuine passion for financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required).
- The ability to commence in November 2024.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.