Gender Equality at nbn
At nbn, we truly value and respect every one of our employees, regardless of their gender. We strive to create an inclusive and supportive environment where everyone can thrive and achieve their full potential. We believe that by embracing and celebrating our individual differences, we can gain a wider range of perspectives and experiences that benefit our company as a whole. So, you can rest assured that we're committed to treating all our team members fairly and equally.
We are proud to belong to various organizations and to be the first Government Business Enterprise included in the Australian Academy of Science's Women in STEM Decadal Plan Champions. This program promotes gender equality through leadership, evaluation, workplace culture, visibility, education, and industry action. Additionally, we partner with WORK180, an international job network connecting smart businesses with talented women.
Our aim is to boost the representation of women in our company. To make this happen, we've rolled out company-wide initiatives, such as:
- Clear gender targets with the ongoing performance of these targets published in our annual report
- Identifying and developing emerging female leaders and high-potential talent across all business areas
- Women’s career development, mentoring and sponsorship programs
- Women’s networking forums
- Strong focus on achieving and maintaining Gender Pay Equity
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements for all employees
- Unconscious bias and inclusion training for all employees
- Ensuring gender-balanced recruitment shortlists and interview panels when hiring new employees