Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders at KPMG Australia
KPMG has a long and proud history of working alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
By building a culturally safe and informed workplace, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander colleagues can grow their careers with us through opportunities like:
- The Emerging Indigenous Executive Leader's Program
- Indigenous Tertiary Scholarships – inspiring and supporting future Indigenous talent through selected universities.
- The CareerTrackers Indigenous Internship Program - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students can receive paid internship opportunities with us.
- The KPMG Indigenous Network (KIN) - provides a safe space where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander colleagues meet regularly to connect, share and celebrate. The KIN also provides input into policies and strategic documents that will impact Indigenous Peoples and Communities.
- Indigenous Cultural and Ceremonial leave – an extra paid day of leave for Indigenous employees to participate in a significant culture, ceremonial or community events.
- Arrilla Digital Cultural Awareness training - mandatory for all Australian employees, to help improve their cultural and historical awareness.
In July 2021, Djiribul woman and KPMG Partner Shelley Reys AO became the first Indigenous Australian to be elected to our Board. And our third ‘Elevate’ Reconciliation Action Plan launched.